Alligator shears play an important role for metal recyclers by cutting things down to size – literally – enabling shredders to handle oversized materials that would otherwise be difficult or sometimes impossible to digest. They also allow the recycler to “clean” or prepare scrap for shredding by removing unwanted fittings or other parts the shredder may not accept. This adds value to the scrap and improves the quality of the finished frag.
Moley Alligator Shears have a constant power piston pump. This optimizes all work stages and remarkably minimizes the power of the electric motor. The electric motor and the pump are found outside the tank. In this way, there is more oil available while oil heating is reduced. So, maintenance becomes considerably easier and simpler.
Our Alligator Shears have cylinders with brake and chrome-plated and tempered rods. In addition, the gaskets used have been devised specifically for high speeds and pressures, the best on the market today for the hydraulic cylinders we use on our applications.
• Easy to operate and service.
• Easy to grease.
• Steel blades, hardness: 500 HB, can cut on all 4 sides.
• Adjustable blade travel.
• Max pressure 4,350 PSI.
• Highly-flexible hoses with small diameter made of anti-abrasive material.
• Exclusive bolt supporting system that optimizes the cutting process.
• Automatic hydraulic piece-holding device.
• Adjustable blade distance.
• Adjustable set screw to support the blade.