Toledo Raceway Park Demolition
Toledo Raceway Park opened in 1949 as a stock car track, but by the late 1950s had transitioned to horse racing first thoroughbreds, then harness racing. Established and run for years by the Jechura family, the track had changed hands a couple of times since the late 1980s before it was purchased by Penn National Gaming Inc. in 2005. Penn National, which is based in Pennsylvania, ran the track for nearly a decade before seeking and receiving state approval in 2012 to move the tracks permit to Dayton to avoid cannibalizing customers from its new Hollywood Casino Toledo. Since the track closed, Penn National has sold off some equipment and moved other items to the company’s other tracks. Still, Mr. Marciniak believes the site can be sold, even as another large vacant tract of land the site of the former North Towne Square Mall sits nearby.
Read entire article here: http://www.toledoblade.com/Real-Estate/2015/03/25/Raceway-Park-demolition-under-way-ahead-of-sale.html