National Manufacturing Day 2017
Manufacturing Day℠ is a celebration of modern manufacturing meant to inspire the next generation of manufacturers. Manufacturing Day occurs on the first Friday in October — this year Manufacturing Day is Oct 6, 2017.
“National Manufacturing Day helps call attention to the critical role recyclers play in America’s overall economy and the variety of ways recycling affects one’s everyday life,” says Robin Wiener, president of ISRI. In doing so, the industry has become a thriving economic engine, job creator, resource of sustainability, energy savings and global trade.” ISRI says that since the dawn of civilization and the earliest attempts at manufacturing, humans have recognized the intrinsic value of scrap and the benefits associated with using and reusing existing products to create new goods.
The scrap recycling industry has made many contributions to the U.S. economy, according to ISRI:
- generating nearly $16.5 billion in export sales to 155 countries;
- directly and indirectly employing approximately 534,000 workers in 2016;
- generating nearly $117 billion annually in economic activity;
- drawing in $13.2 billion in revenue for federal, state and local governments; and
- lowering energy costs by producing recycled materials that require less energy during the manufacturing process than virgin materials.
Read entire article: http://www.recyclingtoday.com/article/isri-recycling-key-to-manufacturing/
Learn more about Manufacturing Day: http://www.mfgday.com/