Safety Check List
- Always check lifting chains before operating magnet.
- Be sure to check all connections and plugs regularly. Ensure all connections are tight so that they do not short out.
- Check the condition of the cables regularly for cracks or breaks, replace if necessary.
- Never place hands inside the control box while operating. The control
box produces high current and voltage which can be fatal.
- Service should be done by qualified personnel to prevent any life threatening injuries.
- Lockout/Tagout procedures must be developed, followed, and enforced for equipment maintenance/servicing.
- Designate a no travel zone around crane to protect pedestrians and equipment.
- Do not use magnet to break scrap.
- Store magnets off ground to prevent moisture absorption.
- Always use a 3 point contact to dismount a crane.
- If so equipped, always use outriggers when operating magnet crane.
- Operators must be cautious of tipping when overloading magnet or
booming out too far.
- Remember to cut away from your body when repairing leads.
WARNING: Electric Magnets can cause severe injury or death.
Never stand near or under the magnet while in operation.